Wednesday 9 April 2008

First in a long line (hopefully)

So here we are then, edging into the 21st century!

I've decided to record what I get up to in my workshop, since I spend a good deal of my "free" time there, and I often want to refer back to what I've done.

Mostly my time is spent working on my Land Rover. It's a 1953 80" wheelbase series one.
I've owned it for nearly 10 years, and I finally got it on the road last year. You can see it below

After passing MOT

Currently I'm re-building a spare gearbox to replace the current one, which is very noisy, at all speeds in all gears!

So far I've rebuilt and reassembled the front output housing and transfer selectors. I need to fix the Hi-Low ratio selector which is very stiff, however next I'll be working on the main gearbox.

You (dear reader, if there are any still with me) can expect most posts to be about land rovers, with occasional forays into DIY, steam engines and anything else I think worth committing to paper.

No comments: