Monday 28 April 2008

Good news bad news, and err.. news...

So I spent much of the weekend in the workshop. Here's what happened

Having got the brakes back together I attempted to bleed them. guess what? THe right rear wheel cylinder leaked, so on top of the oil leak it was leaking brake fluid.

Luckily I had a spare so stripping off the brake shoes and replacing the wheel cylinder was fairly quick and then bleeding the brakes gave a nice solid pedal, Hurrah!

I also swapped the HT leads, but it didn't cure the misfire on number 2 cylinder. CLeaning the plug (already a replacement seemed to cure it, the symptoms seem to be like a short circuit with the plug.

I also managed to attach the tail gat hinges to the home made (by a previous owner) rear crossmember. One day I'll replace this with a genuine one but for now at least the tailgate is on hinges.

Went for a test drive today, brakes are pulling with the right rear locking up. Guess the new shoes got contaminated with brake fluid after all. Given that I need to get an MOT before the end of the week looks like I might be taking the trusty disco to the show instead.

we'll have to see

No comments: